Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 299 or 288 driver

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ckdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2003
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I?m currently builiding a prototype of a horn system with an A7 like basshorn driven
    by a 515-16G and a 511 driven by a 902 with a 2nd order crossover at 750 Hz.

    I?d like to also try a larger format midrange driver and a somewhat lower crossover
    frequency (like 500Hz) maybe with a differnt horn and if needed a super tweeter.

    What midrange driver should I go for? Saw an offer for Altec 299s. Would they be
    some good choice or should I try to source older ones, like 288s?

    Thanks for your help

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello ClausK

    I asked the same question you are asking on the Audio Asylum high effiecience site.
    If you go there and make a search " 299 vs 288" some answers will pop up - try this link.
    http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/search.pl

    rgds Jan

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi

    Sorry, the link was not right. Here is the right one : http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/HUG/bbs.html

    rgds Jan

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ckdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2003
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks a lot !!!

    Claus K

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.